Use this calculator to help identify appliance savings tips. Find out how much energy the appliances in your home use with our online Appliance Calculator. It can add up to about 20% of your total consumption.
- Take the dollar bill test. Close your refrigerator door on a dollar bill and then try to pull it out. If the dollar comes out easily you may need new seals or a new refrigerator.
- Plan what you need inside the refrigerator before you open the door.
- Download more tips here: Refrigerator
- Set your fridge at 40 degrees.
- Let food cool before putting it in the refrigerator. Hot foods will raise the temperature in the fridge and make it work harder.
- Consider cooking outside on a grill during summer months. Using an oven makes your home hotter.
- Wash full loads of clothes and use cold water when possible.
- Don’t overload the dryer.
- Clean the dryer lint filter before each load.
- Don’t run the dishwasher unless it’s completely full.