Water and lighting savings can be found in inefficient water heaters, leaking faucets and the light bulbs you are using. These could be areas where you are losing money every month. Find savings tips you can implement at your home or office.
- Use energy-efficient Compact Fluorescents (CFL). They cost more to purchase but use one-quarter as much energy as incandescent bulbs and last up to 10 times longer.
- Calculate your savings with our Light Switch Calculator.
- Keep light fixtures and bulbs clean. Dust absorbs 50% of light.
- Turn off any unused lights.
Download printable information: Tri-County Electric Lighting
Listen to Audio Tri-County Electric Lighting
- If your water heater is in an unheated space, wrap it in an insulation blanket to prevent it from losing heat.
- Turn the water heater off if you are going to be gone more than three days.
- Use less hot water by installing low flow shower heads.
Repair leaky faucets. A drip can waste up to 48 gallons of water in one week.
Download printable information: Tri-County Electric Water Heater Heat Pump
Listen to Audio of Tri-County Electric Water Heater Heat Pump Part 1 of 2
Listen to Audio of Tri-County Electric Water Heater Heat Pump Part 2 of 2